EBBA & IBBA 2013 MEETING PROGRAM
Friday - April 5, 2013
- 11:00 ~ 6:00 Registration - Lobby of the Park Lodge
- 12:00 ~ 5:00 EBBA Council Meeting -
- 6:30 ~ Dinner and Speaker - Main Dining Room
- Stuart Carroll, Wildlife Biologist, Fall Creek Falls State Park
Saturday - April 6, 2013
- 8:00 ~ 11:00 Registration - Lobby of the Park Lodge
- All Day - Bucket Raffle and Silent Auction Viewing -
Saturday Paper Sessions -
- 8:30 ~ 8:45 Welcome, Introductions, Announcements
- 8:45 ~ 5:30 A formal Schedule is in the works but we plan to have a banding
demonstration first followed by paper presentations by:
- 1. Emily V Hockman, UTN Knoxville - "Demonstration and Implementation of
Autonomous Aerial Acoustic Recording Systems to Inventory DoD Installation Impact Areas for Threatened,
Endangered, and Species at Risk Bird Populations."
- 2. Chris Lituma, UTN Knoxville - "Spatially balanced monitoring for
priority grassland birds in the Central Hardwoods BCR."
- 3. Dan Small Field Ecologist, Center of Environment and Society, Washington College -
"Post-fledging movement patterns and habitat use of hatch-year Grasshopper
Sparrows during the dependent and independent life stages."
- 4. Amelia Hudson, UTN Chattanooga - "Seasonal correlations between Pueraria
Montana var. lobata (kudzu) and avian species diversity and relative abundance in Hamilton County, Tennessee."
- 5. Melanie Reichley, Education Manager, North Bay Adventure -"Long-term study of
effects of increased trail usage on forest interior dwelling species."
- 6. Bruce Peterjohn, Chief, BBL, USGS Patuxent Wildlife Research Center - Bird
banding lab update and Bandit tutorial
- 5:30 ~ 9:00 Cash Bar - Beer only
- 6:30 ~ Banquet with Speaker -
- Scott Somershoe, State Ornithologist, Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency
- "The Eastern Golden Eagle Working Group: Eastern Golden Eagles wintering in the
Appalachian Mountains and the southeast"
David Hauber: Close of the Bucket Raffle and Silent Auction
Sunday - April 7, 2012
- FIELD TRIPS - Leader, Ed LeGrand Hiking and birding in Fall Creek Falls State Park